Frequently Asked Questions

Many questions arise around the Catholic faith and this page is to help clear some of the most common questions we receive here at Saint Gertrude the Great Church.


How do I get my child baptized? 

Consider checking out our webpage on Baptism which has both information and requirements regarding baptism, Parent & Godparent Requirements, and scheduling information. More information can be found by clicking on this link. 


How do I go about getting married at Saint Gertrude the Great Church?

Consider checking out our webpage on Marriage which has the guidelines, information, and answers to some questions that people have, such as what to do if they are already civilly married. More information can be found by clicking on this link.


I'd like to have a Quinceañera for my daughter at Saint Gertrude the Great Church; How do I go about getting that arranged? 

To setup a Quinceañera the celebrant must attend a retreat. Additionally, you should schedule a meeting with Father Lopez which can be done by calling the Parish Office, or by speaking to Michelle, our Sacramental Coordinator. There is also a donation required to book the Church for the date. Once we have been provided the certificate stating you attended the retreat, we can schedule the Quinceañera. Call the Parish Office for more information. The retreat dates can be found at 


I'm an adult but did not receive all of my Sacraments, or I am interested in becoming Catholic, what do I do?

For adults over the age of 18 who did not receive all of their Sacraments or are interested in becoming Catholic you must attend RCIA, or the Right of Christian Initiation for Adults. It is a weekly class that adults can attend that prepares them to receive their missing Sacraments. The program usually begins around September and lasts a number of months. Unfortunately, there is no set schedule but we would recommend calling the Parish Office (361-592-7351) during September when we have an official schedule and registration information.


I was asked to get a copy of my Baptismal certificate in order to be a Godparent, get married, or participate in certain Catholic events as a sponsor; How do I get that from Saint Gertrude Church?

Simply call our Parish Office at 361-592-7351 and give us the following information: Your name, date of birth, date of baptism (if knowledgeable), and parents' names. We can usually make the certificate within the day but we do ask that you give us a Church we can send it to directly. 


A person close to me has passed away and I would like to have a Mass said in their name; How do I set this up?

This is referred to as a Mass Intention. To schedule one simply come into the Parish Office and ask. You may request one intention for any one Mass, in the exception of Wednesday. 




Was your question not answered? Feel free to call the Parish Office or schedule an appointment with Father Lopez. Our Office Number is 361-592-7351. 

Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!